The King William's Town Club

Since 1882

Home

Accommodation

Restaurant

Facilities

Activities

Squash

Gallery

Contact Us

Handy Links

 

 

 

free hit counter
Visitors to date


History of The King William's Town Club...

The King William's Town Club, better know as The King Club. Established in 1882 under then President Dr. C. J. Egan as a Gentleman's Club, The King Club was for many years a haven for gentlemen in the King William's Town District. In latter years it became home to squash in the King William's Town area.

The King Club had no option but to close during 1990 due to dwindling membership and lack of support for the squash facilities. This had caused the club to find itself in serious financial difficulties. The club was first hired out as a going concern, then sold in share blocks to the members of the club, who again hired the club out as a going concern. For a number of years the club has been operating under various names and guises.

But now, The King Club is BACK  

The property was purchased in November 2007 by a local businessman who has restored the original name and has restored the club to its former glory. He has long standing ties with the club and has been a member for as long as he can remember. The King Club is near and dear to him. Over the years quite a number of artifacts had been collected and presented to the club, but were stored away. They have now been retrieved and placed back in their original places. 

The club is open Monday to Saturday 12:00 till late. Up market conference facilities are available and an intimate a la carte restaurant is now also open. Guesthouse facilities are also available.

Our energetic and passionate staff are eager to welcome you to the King Club.